319 S.W. 25th St.

Oklahoma City, OK 73109


Serving income eligible residents with food, housing, prescription medications, clothing, senior transportation, and income tax preparation. Technical assistance is provided to low income neighborhood/area groups in assessing needs and identifying problems as well as developing leadership activities.

Contents: Programs Available

1. Summer Youth
2. Garden Seeds
3. Summer Cooling Program
4. Christmas Assistance
5. Senior Citizen Services
6. Rental/Mortgage Assistance
7. Special Classes
8. Information & Referral Services
9. Crisis Intervention
10. Neighborhood Assistance
11. Tax Assistance
12. Graffiti Removal
13. Bus Passes
14. Rx for Oklahoma
15. District Center Locations   

For assistance, call or come to the following location:

319 S.W. 25th Street
Oklahoma City, OK 73109
(405) 232-0199
CAA of OKC (map link)




Program Descriptions


Summer Youth: A six week program consisting of arts & crafts, sports, and learning activities for children ages 7-12. The program is held from mid-June through July and includes a year end Summer Bash party.

Garden Seeds: A variety of garden seeds are distributed each spring, beginning in March.

Summer Cooling Program: When the Oklahoma temperature reaches 100 degrees, this program provides fans to the elderly and low-income families. Fans are donated and given to assist these eligible families with cooling their homes.

Christmas Assistance: Community Action acts as a referral agency for the major Christmas programs in the Oklahoma and Canadian County areas. Families needing assistance can make an application through the District Center serving their area. Individual program guidelines determine the center where income eligible families will be referred.

Senior Citizen Services: The following programs are available:

  • Congregate Meal routes provide transportation from a senior’s personal home to the site for lunch and activities.
  • STEP (Supplemental Transportation for the Elderly & Handicapped Persons) routes are for seniors to go shopping. The routes have different destinations and pick-up area each day. Call 297-2583 to schedule a ride.
  • Senior Companion routes provide transportation to seniors that work for the Senior Companion Service. For more information about working on the program, or being a recipient, call 946-3388.

Rental/Mortgage Assistance: This program is designed to assist families that have experienced a family emergency that rendered them unable to pay their rent or mortgage. Applications are by appointments only. Call District Center closest to you for assistance.

Information & Referral Service: Referrals to other social service agencies and information on how to access other services is provided at our District Centers.

Crisis Intervention: Utility assistance in Canadian County only and prescription assistance by referral.

Neighborhood Assistance: Groups are furnished technical assistance and printing of newsletters. A Graffiti Removal program will assist with the purchase of the materials needed to remove or paint affected areas.

Tax Assistance: Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) is available mid-January through mid-April each year. Electronic Filing and assistance filing I-Tens are offered free of charge.

Graffiti Removal: Speedy cleanup makes a repeat offense less likely. Most vandals tire of wasting paint and time when no one can see their "tag" for more than one or two days. The Agency will provide paint and supplies to rid your property of graffiti.

Bus Passes: Having transportation to medical appointments, social service agencies and job search is very important. Bus tokens are issued from the District Centers. Tokens are limited.

Rx for Oklahoma: Prescription Assistance Program helps Oklahomans access prescriptions provided by pharmaceutical manufacturing companies.
Call 1-877-RX4-OKLA (1-877-794-6552) or (405) 232-0199 (local), or visit www.rx4okla.com. Rx staff will ask for your information: name, age, address and income as well as prescription(s) needed and dosage(s). This information is entered into a database which generates appropriate paperwork for the pharmaceutical companies for which you are eligible. Rx for Oklahoma staff assists you with the completion of the applications and required documentation for submission. The entire process takes approximately one month to complete so only long term medications will qualify. The services for the program are free, we do not charge for any administrative fees or co-pay amount for processing the paperwork.

In order to obtain the application for processing, please give our office a call (405) 232-0199. We will go over the details for how the program can assist you more on an individual basis.

District Center Locations

N.W. District Center
1300 N. McKinley
OKC, OK 73108
(405) 525-2468

S.W. District Center
1621 S.W. 15th Street
OKC, OK 73108
(405) 634-1469

N.E. District Center
3401 N. E. 16th Street
OKC, OK 73117
(405) 424-0315

S.E. District Center
6315 S. Camille
OKC, OK 73149
(405) 672-7311
City-County District Center
12520 N.E. 36th St.
Spencer, OK 73084
(405) 769-3346
Canadian County District Center
203 N. Bickford
El Reno, OK 73036
(405) 262-7042

MWC District Center
1124 N. Douglas
Midwest City, OK 73130
(405) 869-9354




Click here for NE Area
District Map

Click here for SE Area
District Map

Click here for SW Area
District Map

Click here for NW Area
District Map

Click here for Canadian County
District Map

Click here for City-County
District Map






Community Action Agency Of Oklahoma City
and Oklahoma / Canadian Counties, Inc.
319 S.W. 25th Oklahoma City, OK 73109
Phone: 405-232-0199
Fax : 405-232-9074

Community Services - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.